Monday, November 21, 2016

Heil Victory


Well, it's happening right before our very eyes. The alt-right (the modern, 21st century name for the KKK combined with the neo-nazi's) have surfaced from the underground sewers where they belong, right out into national view by holding a well publicized conference this past weekend in Washington DC.

Held at the Ronald Reagan Federal Building only a few blocks from the White House, the keynote speaker, Dick Spencer, quoted original nazi propaganda IN GERMAN!!! He also included in that speech: America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donnie Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.” (White people in America marginalized - come on, gimme a break!) Once he finished, the audience stood, and with the nazi salute, started shouting "Heil the people! Heil Victory! I kid you not. I am not making this up.

You might be thinking "so what"? This is just a pimple on Donnie's behind right? I would agree except for one thing - Donnie is filling his administration with the most bigoted and racist people he can find. Take Steve Bannon for example. He's one of alt-right's biggest supporters and he's now the president-elect's #1 advisor. Or how about Jeff Sessons for Attorney General. He was once denied a federal judgeship by a republican senate for being too racist. He's having the last laugh now isn't he. How's that for karma. These are just two of the many of the dregs of society our president-elect is surrounding himself with.

I want everyone to know that I am white and I was born and raised in the south. I know first-hand what it's like to be completely surrounded by racists and bigots. I do not include myself in that group. The America I believe in is for all - no matter your race, religion, gender, country of origin or sexual orientation. But, I'm afraid if you don't fit into that alt-right definition of America, then you, and I, are in for a loooong, hard ride. Till next time - R